A well thought out patio design can add utility and beauty to any outdoor living space and, if implemented correctly, can increase the value of your home and provide years of pleasure for gatherings for family and friends.
Traditional patios are built at ground level, and are typically constructed of stone, concrete, or pavers – each with an array of colours, textures, and finishes to choose from. These materials offer many benefits over wood, such as unique shapes, textures, colors, and sizes. A truly innovative patio design offers flexibility not possible with a wood deck, like irregular shapes and curves that could meander gently through a flower bed before blending into green space off your great room.
If you live in the greater Toronto area and you’re in the market for a beautiful, functional, and long lasting deck or patio, the number one landscaping and outdoor construction company in the Greater Toronto Area is M.E. Contracting. We’ve designed and built hundreds of patios over the years, each one crafted to exacting standards by a company well known for customer service, value, and truly innovative designs.
Whether you’re interested in a patio design that features stamped concrete, acid stained concrete, pavers, tiles, or flagstone, our staff can surely find something to match whatever style you have in mind.
Take a look at some of our patio design ideas:
- Stamped concrete – Stamped concrete is now available in more colors than ever before and with nearly any look you can imagine. Our expert installers can install stamped concrete to mimic the appearance of cobblestone, tile, river rock, or even wood. With the right additive, we can even make stamped concrete sparkle like diamonds.
- Acid stained concrete – This is a wonderful patio design option that takes an existing concrete patio and adds a touch of style by acid staining the surface.
- Pavers – Pavers are one of the most versatile and interesting patio design options you can choose. Many colors and styles are available, and pavers are stronger than concrete, easy to repair, and movable.
- Tiles – Many of our customers also consider tiles as a patio design option. A traditional concrete slab patio can be enhanced with tiles laid directly on top in different colours, shapes, and textures.
- Flagstone – Finally, another patio material gaining in popularity is Flagstone, but these tiles are extremely bulky, heavy, and difficult to manage. M.E. Contracting offers one of two installation options: Wet installation, where the tiles are laid in concrete mortar and grouted with mortar, or Dry installation, where they are laid in gravel or sand and grouted with the same material. The advantage of the dry installation is the patio ends up with a more rugged look, is easier to repair, and could even be moved.
Whatever way you think of going in regards to your patio design, it is safe to say that your first stop would be to give us a call and invite us to your house, we will take the time and give you a no obligation, FREE onsite consultation and show you some of our patio design gallery and book of work.
About M.E. Contracting
M.E. Contracting is the premier outdoors contractor in the Greater Toronto Area and has served hundreds of customers in Richmond Hill, Thornhill, Vaughan, Maples, and Markham for more than 10 years. The company offers cutting-edge patio design and installation services for a wide variety of outdoor and home improvement projects like traditional landscaping, decks, gates, surfacing, pergolas, patios, and railing systems. Each project comes with a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee. If you would like to request a free consultation or more information, please contact us over the phone, in person, or via email.