An interlocking driveway can produce a night and day type transformation in how your property is perceived by your neighbors and passersby alike. For family members it can elevate the physical and tactile experience of the home in ways few other things can or will. But the benefits of interlocking pavers don’t stop there. If you’ve chosen the right company to do the work your new driveway will become the gift that keeps on giving in other ways as well.
Why an Interlocking Driveway is Such a Great Value Proposition
A driveway made of interlocking pavers will enhance the appearance of your entire property from the day it’s installed. But there’s more to this incredible building material than good looks. Interlocking pavers also make tremendous financial sense for a number of reasons, such as.
- Virtually maintenance free – If you’ve had a concrete or asphalt slab driveway in the past you know how disheartening it can be to come outside one fine Toronto morning and discover large cracks in the pavement. Sealing the cracks may buy you some time but then you’ll have a patched up surface staring you in the face every day. Interlocking pavers won’t heave or crack like slab work and thus won’t require expensive, unattractive repair.
- Unequalled durability – Paving stones the Roman laid down in Europe 2,000 years ago are still in use in some places today. The same can be said for some pavers laid down during the colonial era in North America. You may not get 2 millennia out of your interlocking driveway but if they’re installed properly people in the 23rd century might still be using them. Any chance that’ll happen with asphalt or stamped concrete? Hint: don’t hold your breath.
- Easy to repair – Should a tree branch or some other object fall on your driveway and dislodge some of your interlocking pavers a complete repair is a fast and easy thing for a qualified interlocking craftsman. They’ll remove the affected stones, restore the underlying layers to their proper state and replace the stones, with no one being able to tell anything was done.
- Enhanced market value for your home – There is no doubt that installing an interlocking driveway will enhance your home’s market value overnight. Exactly how much will depend on the size of the project and who did the work. The market always responds to quality so if you hired an experienced, well respected company like M.E. Landscaping to install your interlocking pavers you’ll maximize your ROI.
- Long lasting value – If you install a concrete slab driveway today and put your home on the market tomorrow you’ll experience a bump in your home’s value. Should you wait a couple of years during which the slab cracks, begins to sag in places due to water intrusion and begins to sprout weeds any bump in value will have evaporated. With interlocking the increase in value you experience after installation will still be in play years down the road.
So let’s add it up: In all likelihood you won’t have to engage in any sort of maintenance or repair work on your interlocking pavers, you won’t have to replace them in your lifetime if you don’t want to and they’ll add lasting market value to your home. If there is a better value in home improvement projects out there we’ve never heard of it.
Call M.E. Landscaping to discuss the possibility of installing a beautiful, durable and affordable interlocking driveway or walkway on your property. The value they add to your Toronto home today will still be measurable many, many years from now.