Interlocking pavers are some of the most versatile hardscape building materials in the world. Ideal for both residential and commercial applications large or small interlocking pavers affect a completely different look from one project to the next and can provide your home with a signature motif that will make it stand out from the crowd. M.E. Landscaping specialize in the installation of interlocking pavers for driveways, pathways, patios and more. If safe, long lasting beauty and versatility interest you, you should consider interlocking pavers for your home or business.
Interlocking Contractors Have the Answer for the Winter Paving Blues
Toronto is a beautiful city but the weather can certainly be a challenge. From baking hot in the summer to bone-chilling cold in the winter the unforgiving Ontario climate takes a toll on all things asphalt and concrete. A paving solution is needed that will hold up better than those materials whether in the driveway or in front of your office: that solution is interlocking pavers.
Interlocking pavers are the perfect cold weather paving material because they:
- Resist cracking – The freeze/thaw cycle in our fair city has a way of reducing even the most robust looking roadway to little more than a collection of cracks, buckles and potholes. Water seeps into tiny cracks in the surface, freezes, expands and pushes upward undermining the integrity of the surface. Interlocking pavers present a unified face but one with just enough space between the blocks to dissipate that upward pressure and keep things in place.
- Clear easily – Interlocking contractors know these pavers can be easily shoveled due to their bevelled edges. You can also use a snow plow or snow blower on them without worrying about damaging the surface or catching the blade. In addition your interlocking driveway or walkway can be fitted with a subsurface heating system that automatically clears snow and ice and won’t harm the paving stones.
- Are skid resistant – Few things are worse than coming out of your house on a cold winter day and taking a spill on a slick walkway or driveway. Not only is it embarrassing and painful but it can lead to serious long term injuries. If you’re worried about slips and falls select paving stones with a textured surface and rest easily next time old man winter comes calling.
- Last forever – Interlocking contractors know an extreme climate calls for extreme building materials and none are more extreme than interlocking pavers. They’ll take the heat and the cold, the rain and the snow, the ice and the sleet without batting an eyelash and still be looking good decades from now when your grandchildren have inherited the house.
- Stand up to de-icing – In addition to all their other cold weather attributes, interlocking pavers will resist the corrosive effects of chemical de-icing products. You should be careful to follow directions and not overuse them though because they can damage adjoining plant life.
M.E. Contracting are one of Ontario’s premier interlocking contractors. Our interlocking design and installation professionals bring all their considerable talents to bear on every job they do; and over the course of more than a decade they’ve done hundreds for clients large and small across the GTA. We know how versatile interlocking pavers are, how perfect they are for the climate here and how much practical and market value they’ll add to your home.
If you’re tired of having the elements turn your driveway and pathways into a spider’s web of cracks and crevices call the gold standard of interlocking contractors: M.E. Landscaping on 416-455-9296 and find out more about the timeless beauty and legendary durability of interlocking pavers.