The trend to create unique, functional outdoor living spaces continues to go up, not only to potentially add value to an existing home, but to squeeze as much use out of every space possible for entertaining family members and guests in a comfortable setting. Features like outdoor kitchens and living rooms are all the rage, but we can help you understand what other patio design elements could take your outdoor area to the next level.
Find a Patio Design for Your Budget and Personal Preferences
There is no “secret” to finding the best patio design, but the professionals at custom landscaping Toronto and M.E. Landscaping can help make the search a little less frustrating. Here are some tips to think about before you start working on your new patio.
- Get creative. While a new patio will be constrained by existing features and your budget, there’s no reason to think something “outside the box” won’t work. In other words, consider a new patio with round corners or soft edges – even if the existing space is square or oblong.
- If you have a pool or are thinking about adding one, consider integrating it into the patio design and giving your space a true resort atmosphere.
- Make sure the patio design results in a space you’ll use and enjoy, so make it functional. If you’re only interested in winning the next local homeowners design contest, you may be wasting your money on image rather than usefulness.
- Add color to your patio space with an assortment of flowering annuals, perennials, and small shrubs. If you want more privacy, think about planting trees or adding a berm to separate one area from the next. Keep in mind that if you have a pool or will add one, flowering plants, shrubs, or leaves from trees could make maintenance a real chore.
- Pick the right furniture. You want a comfortable, relaxing atmosphere, so consider one or more full-size sofas and love seats with full cushions and durable, all-season or low-maintenance fabric.
- If your patio is primarily made of decorative concrete or brick pavers, throw down a durable, all-season and environmentally friendly rug to add color and functionality. When seating is limited, your guests won’t mind setting on a nice outdoor carpet for long stretches.
- Lighting is a key element, so utilize low-energy bulbs and light elements, preferably going with solar-powered models. Space them casually around the patio to throw soft light into areas with expected high activity.
- If your budget allows it, consider the benefits of a soothing water fountain or pond.
- No outdoor patio is complete without space for preparing and cooking food, so consider the benefits of adding an outdoor stove or grill, refrigerator, and sink. Choose models with outdoor and low-maintenance finish, preferably units that can be wiped down with a wet, soapy wash cloth or sponge.
- Enjoying your time outside can be extended deep into colder seasons with a fire pit, so choose a patio design that safely incorporates one into your outdoor area.
The materials, accessories, and design you choose are critical to making your new patio as inviting and useful as possible, but also remember to never forget functionality and your own comfort level. If you keep these tips in mind, your patio design will be something you can be proud of and enjoy for years to come.
M.E Landscaping will help to bring your dream patio to life with our experience and knowledge of the industry. Call us today for a FREE onsite consultation!
Incoming search terms:
- patio design
- patio designs
- interlock patop desigh tip
- landscaping toronto light patio
- patio ideas toronto
- patio designs on a budget
- outdoor patio designs budget
- make your own interlock patio
- landscaping Incoming Search terms