Driveway paving is serious business. If done right, a properly paved surface will add value and functionality to your home or business for years to come. And with the proper maintenance, a paved driveway could last for decades. At ME Landscaping, we’ve worked with hundreds of satisfied residential and business customers on driveway paving projects, each one completed to exacting specifications, and with attention to detail and superb customer service.
Whether you’re considering a driveway paving project on your own, or you’re in the market for the most qualified contractor possible, there are many questions you should ask before getting started.
Here are the top questions customers ask about driveway paving:
- Should I seal my new concrete driveway? We always recommend that customers apply a high-quality sealer to all new exterior driveway paving, especially in the Greater Toronto Area with is significant freeze-thaw conditions. This helps protect the concrete from moisture, chemicals, grease and oil stains, and color fading. Always apply sealer based on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- What if my driveway cracks? If driveway paving has been handled by a licensed contractor, chances are good your drive has a warranty for workmanship and other factors; call the company immediately. One way to protect against cracking is through the use of joints, which are really “planned” cracks that allow for contraction and expansion, minimizing chances for random cracks. Keep in mind, however, that joints will not protect the driveway from sustaining cracks elsewhere, but even small cracks will not lessen the long-term durability of your driveway. If you have questions about how to prevent random pavement cracking, call us today for more information and tips on how minor cracks can be fixed.
- The color isn’t what I expected, now what? Matching the colour of concrete isn’t like taking a swatch of fabric to a paint store and getting paint to match a particular colour. All driveway paving will experience colour variations, and it’s nearly impossible to match poured concrete to a showroom sample, your neighbor’s driveway, or even photos or other samples. The colors of a poured concrete driveway can also be affected if more than one load of concrete is required, but these variations are minor and will usually fade over time.
- Do you offer a warranty? Yes. At ME Landscaping, all of our work is backed by a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee. We offer a warranty on workmanship, while most of the materials we use are backed by individual manufacturer warranties. Please contact us today for more information.
- How do I find the best contractor? The number one way to find the best contractor is to look for work samples right in your own neighborhood. Be sure to ask for references, or even call a local builder to see who they’ve worked with in the past. Make sure to ask how long the contractor has been in business, if the company is licensed and insured, and how many driveway paving projects they’ve completed successfully.
ME Contracting is the Greater Toronto Area’s number one company for landscaping and outside construction projects, including driveway paving, patios, decks, and many other projects.
Call us today at 416-455-9296 for driveway paving.