Flagstone is a type of stone that is porous and as such it does require some maintenance to keep it looking great.
Here are the steps we recommend for keeping your Flagstone landscaping in like-new condition:
- Attach a high pressure nozzle to your garden hose and wash away dirt and debris.
- Add a mixture of mild dish washing liquid and warm water to a bucket, then use a brush to remove any stains from the stone.
- If the stone is stained by leaves, sap, or other natural debris, it may be necessary to use an organic cleaning solution.
- Remember to use a cleaning product designed for Flagstone, which can be purchased from most home improvement warehouse centers or hardware stores.
- If other cleaning solutions have failed, we recommend using a solution of one quarter muriatic acid and 2 gallons of water – but only after you’ve tested the solution on a small part of an individual stone.
IMPORTANT! Make sure to take safety precautions when using muriatic acid, including wearing safety goggles and gloves, and make sure the cleaning solution doesn’t touch your skin.
Thinking of installing, repairing or designing a new landscaping project in the greater Toronto area? Why dont you give us a call today and request a FREE, no questions asked on-site consultation? Our landscaping design professionals will listen to your landscaping design ideas, provide you with some advice and should you choose, give you a detailed quote.
About M.E Contracting
M.E Contracting has been Toronto landscaping contractor of choice for over 10 years. we have great experience with all landscaping, interlocking, decking & fencing projects. We know the specific needs Toronto projects have and are ready to help you with your hardscape & softscape at any time. CALL US TOAY!