Perhaps because of a sluggish economy or not being able to travel for vacation or recreation purposes, homeowners are spending more time and money outside than ever before. And we’re not talking about “outside” as in parks or nature areas, but “outside” relative to their own homes. Whether it’s building a new deck, adding an in ground sprinkler system, or installing a brick paver patio, homeowners are coming around to the latest trend we’re forecasting to hit big in 2013 – outdoor improvements relative to new landscaping features around their home. ME Landscaping is the Greater Toronto Area’s number one landscaping company, and we can help you plan and design improvements to your outdoor area that will add colour, style, and functionality to your home for years to come.
One of the ways a top landscaping company succeeds in a competitive environment is by differentiating themselves from competitors, and we do that by offering a complete range of services from landscaping architecture to patio and deck design to complementary services like driveway paving and lighting and irrigation systems. There’s more to winning customers and growing a business than just installing a new deck and accepting payment. What sets us apart from the competition? Quality, innovation, and affordable products and services, but also our devotion to helping home and business owners visualize the possibilities for their outdoor areas.
Here are some landscaping trends to watch out for in 2013:
- Tastefully returning an outdoor area to nature. No, that doesn’t mean ignoring weeds, but rather integrating plants native to where you live into your landscape design. In Metropolitan Toronto, that could mean grasses and sedges (Big Bluestern, Gold Fruited Sedge), wildflowers (Pearly Everlasting, Wild Strawberry), or shrubs and vines (Black Chokeberry, Swamp Rose).
- Smaller vegetable gardens contained in planters on patios or decks, window boxes, or even in “raised” beds that are either ground level, or actually waist high for easy access.
- Because homeowners are spending more time outside with their loved ones, we expect to see a greater emphasis placed on outdoor gathering and entertainment areas such as outdoor kitchens and gazebos.
- Reducing the size of lawns. Let’s face it. The greener you want your lawn to be, the more it costs to maintain it in terms of watering, weeding, and keeping insects and other critters from destroying it. Many homeowners are dialing back on actual green space, and instead replacing it with patios and small rock or flower gardens.
- A return to natural materials relative to overall landscape design. The look and durability of natural stone like River Rock and Flagstone and recycled wood materials will enjoy a resurgence in the next few years as consumers adopt a more eco-friendly approach to their outdoor areas.
Whether you’re interested in major or minor improvements to your outdoor area, the expertise of an experienced and an award-winning landscaping company is critical in meeting a customer’s goals and budget.
Contact ME Landscaping today at 416-455-9296 for landscaping design in Toronto.